Empty 25 Gallon Ideas?

Discussion in 'Our Other Pets' started by Gar2188, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Gar2188

Gar2188Valued MemberMember

Hey all, I recently dismantled my 25 gallon. I'd like to get something interesting for it. I'm open to pretty much any suggestions. I'd to not have to use any special equipment (nothing that needs to plugged in) but I'm keeping an open mind. Any ideas?

2. endlercollector

endlercollectorFishlore VIPMember

Gouramis and cory cats could work nicely.

Do you have any color scheme in mind or preferences?

3. Kodie

KodieNew MemberMember

I saw another post where they made a tank sort of terrarium looking and had some crabs scurrying around.. looked fairly easy shallow water bed and some sand above the water line

4. Nataku

NatakuWell Known MemberMember

By nothing plugged in do you mean no filter? No heater? No light? No air pump? What exactly?
    Kind of need to know that before suggesting anything.

5. Discus-Tang

Discus-TangWell Known MemberMember

If it has a lid you could get an african dwarf frog or two If not maybe an axolotl

EDIT: I didn't read the bit where you said that you would be using no plugs so with that in mind you could get shrimp or snails

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  6. Albifrons

AlbifronsWell Known MemberMember

If you don't want to use anything that plugs in (filter, light, heater, pump, etc.) then I'd say a planted tank. Maybe some shrimp but I don't think that a no filter tank will go down very well.

7. Kodie

KodieNew MemberMember

I missed the part where we weren't plugging anything in so my idea is out the window. If you got a tight fitting lid you could try one of those enclosed ecosystem things where you use some local dirt, plants ect. put some water in it and seal it off.. Even then you would need some sort of light for the plants.

8. OP
    OP
    Gar2188

Thanks for the replies. Yeah by no plugs I meant no heaters, lights, filters etc. I like the idea of doing a terrarium/ecosystem type thing.

9. Kodie

KodieNew MemberMember

There are some cool Youtube videos on them, if done properly they can survive on just the initial bit of water for quite a long time. I want to try a couple of them just for fun.

10. Discus-Tang

Discus-TangWell Known MemberMember

There was that video of the guy who put sparkling gourami in an unfiltered tank. It looked great...

11. OP
    OP
    Gar2188

I've seen some before, they're really interesting imo. I just don't know how to seal off the tank.

12. Kodie

KodieNew MemberMember

If you could get it pretty close to sealed my bet is it would still work you just might have to add some water every now and again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice