Empire Gudgeon

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Since a couple of weeks I'm the proud owner of 6 empire gudgeons (hypseleotris compressa). I had them before about 8 years ago. But those were pretty old and died after a few months.
These beautiful marked fish are real jewels in the tank. The ratio is a bit odd. The whole group consisted of 4 adult males and 2 adult females. But I just couldn't keep my mind of them. The lfs had them for over a year and not one single customer was interested in them. But they did cost € 24,95 (a bit over 20 US dollars, I guess... ) each. And they're predators...
So, at one point the owner asked me if I would be interested in them. So, I told him that I was, but I asked at the same time at what price would they be sold after having them a year at the lfs. If I would decide to purchase them right away, they'd cost me € 3,49 each. So, that would make a total of 20,94 euros. A bit later he asked me for some extra help with another customer and at the end I just paid € 17,50 for all 6 of them. So, that was a good deal!

DSCF8558.JPG

DSCF8684a.jpg

DSCF8683.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom