Emma is gone

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I am sad to say that somewhere, somehow my little girl got out of her tank and I have not found her yet. She was not there this morning when I went to feed her and I searched the tank and area about it thoroughly and cannot think that she could have jumped into the next room, but I will start there next I guess. :'(

At any rate, I have not figured out HOW she got out and where she got through but she is gone and we are now an all male betta home.

Goodbye, my little girl, I will miss you. :'(

Rose
:'(

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will find her. Natalie

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No, I have taken everything out of the tank and searched the filter and around the tank and even moved the stand and got down and lighted under everything. I even moved the things about in Alex's tank in case she jumped over into there. She is gone. I just do not know WHERE.

I was up until 2 am with Marty so she had to do it between 2am and 7am. I did not hear or see anything out of the ordinary while I was at the computer and I would have as her tank is only about 8 feet away.

Rose

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I am truly sorry That is very strange though. Natalie

LZ Floyd

Valued Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear that Rose.     I hope you locate her and may Emma Rest In Peace.

Phloxface

Well Known Member
Reaction score
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I'm so sorry! Whenever I think of anything bad happening to any Betta anywhere it breaks my heart.

paul_219

Reaction score
I am very sorry rose on using one of ur betta fish. I am really sorry to hear this bad news.

AlfaBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss. Do you have any cats?

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes I found her and gave her a proper burial in my flower bed. Our ground is not frozen and she can go lay beside her brothers and sisters. :'(

I am looking for a replacement already. I cannot stand an empty tank and while I may not get it until warmer weather, I can get some comfort looking for another male. I do not think I am up to any more females.

Rose

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
:'( Oh, Rose, I am so very sorry.  I wish I had read this before I posted on Barney's.  I know how sad I would be to lose one of my little boys.  By all means, get another Betta.  It will never be the same without Emily, but I can imagine how sad it is to look at an empty tank.

CherryRose

Manicivy

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm so sorry, she was a very beautiful fish. I'm glad that you will give another fish a caring home.

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I am sure that there are many sad cup dwelling bettas that would love to find a home with you.

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I am very sorry that I keep calling Emma by the wrong name. Please excuse me. I guess the name Emily kept coming to mind because that is the name of one of the students that I work with. I do apologize profusely. I am glad that you were able to bury her next to her brothers and sisters.

I told Barney and Benji about the tragic lose of Emma and explained how dangerous it is to jump out of the tank. I hope they listened. They also offer their heartfelt sympathy.

CherryRose

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Rose I'm so sorry to hear you lost Emma !!
Carol

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear that you've lost Emma, after you've spent so much time looking after her. Unfortunately I can't begin to guess how she could have gotten out either. If you want to write or chat or anything just let me know.

AesSedai

Valued Member
Reaction score

I am SO very sorry ((Rose)) ((Emma)) and all Emma's friends. My heart hurts for you all!

Aurora

Reaction score
I am so so sorry..................................Emma may be gone from the tank but she will swim in your heart forever...........

Timesdragonfly

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear about emma. She was a beutiful fish. It's always hard to loose someone close (be it a human or an animal), but I think that it's even harder when that loss is sudden and unexpected. My thoughts are with you in your time of loss. ~J~

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I fell for you, hard to lose fish you become attached too :'(

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
CherryRose please do not think anything of it. Emily is a beautiful name and would perhaps have been one that I would have considered for one of my little girls but I named them after family members. Perhaps a mistake as it made them doubly hard to lose.

I am afraid that I am getting another betta from the place I got Alexander instead of going to hunt for a betta in a cup. You see I do not get to go out to shop and have to do my shopping online.

Thank you all so much for all your kind words and thoughts. I appreciate it and I am sure Marty and Alex do too. They are so depressed. They have neither one eaten well today or yesterday and keep to the bottom of their tanks. I know they miss her too. All my tanks are sitting together so they are well aware that she is gone.

Rose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom