Experience
5 to 10 years
Last edited by a moderator:

DaleM

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It's difficult to say as dropsy can be a symptom of many different diseases, so without knowing what you're treating, throwing meds may not be beneficial. Are there any other obvious symptoms? No point treating for ich unless the fish is showing obvious signs.
A broad spectrum antibiotics can help with any possible bacterial infections. It could also be internal parasites, old age, etc

Dingomama

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Parameters good. 0 ammonia 0 nitrite. None of the above (except heater) is currently in the tank.
Sorry, posting this in the wrong place. I'm a little frantic.

It's difficult to say as dropsy can be a symptom of many different diseases, so without knowing what you're treating, throwing meds may not be beneficial. Are there any other obvious symptoms? No point treating for ich unless the fish is showing obvious signs.
A broad spectrum antibiotics can help with any possible bacterial infections. It could also be internal parasites, old age, etc
She is somewhere between 2 and 3 years old. Very pale grey with little of her original red color showing. Clamped, at bottom, pineconed. My son says this lethargy started yesterday and the pineconing started this afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaleM

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
She is somewhere between 2 and 3 years old. Very pale grey with little of her original red color showing. Clamped, at bottom, pineconed. My son says this lethargy started yesterday and the pineconing started this afternoon.
By this stage it may be too late, 3 years isn't too bad of an age for a Betta. Once you get the pineconing it's usually too late.
You can try the antibiotics as you have nothing to lose in this situation

Dingomama

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
By this stage it may be too late, 3 years isn't too bad of an age for a Betta. Once you get the pineconing it's usually too late.
You can try the antibiotics as you have nothing to lose in this situation
I was afraid of that. Would Epsom salt or anything else make her more comfortable? I just tried giving her blood worms and she has no interest.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom