Emergency. Please Help Mollie Important

1. WTFish? Member Member

Please help my balloon mollie! She’s been fine in a 10g with 3 others and one fry & one nerite snail for 7 months . Today I bought a new heater because it’s getting cold and the 50 watt doesn’t warm enough when my home is 50 inside. That’s the only new thing. Anyway she is swimming in circles and then rests but floats. I’ve attached a short video. How can I help her? She’s in a bowl now with a bit of aquarium salt. At first I thought one of her fins were missing but it’s not. Did the new heater hurt her? I adjusted it earlier because when set at 76 the thermometer showed near 80, so I tuerned it down. I feel so sad for her. Parameters normal at
    Ammonia 0
    Nitrites. 0
    Nitrates 10 ish?

EDIT video won’t upload but swimming in circles and then floating.

2. WTFish? Member Member

I put her back in since I have no hospital tank, no change. I know everyone will say it’s because she’s a balloon and doomed to death but it’s heartbreaking. Anyone??

3. WTFish? Member Member

Another new thing I just thought of was I put in half an Algae wafer for the snail and all the mollies were eating on it, gone in an hour or so. Is algae wafer bad if gorged down?

4. WTFish? Member Member

Update. I woke up thinking she’d be dead but she’s up and eating swimming as normal. I believe the tank heated to fast and shocked her.