Help Emergency, Peacock Eel Injured Help!

DollyDolly

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
About 8 hours ago I noticed I couldnt find my peacock eel. I woke up at 2 AM this morning to find my filter barely pushing out flow so I unplugged it and dumped out the water. After I noticed my peacock eel in my intake tube! He was in there for a couple of hours at least. I put a very tight netting over the opening and there was the slimmest gap where he went in. Now he is severely injured. He is breathing heavily his tail is ripped swollen very red and the back is pale as can be. My phone broke yesterday so I can't send pictures. Its 2:20 right now what do I do!

I also don't have any meds for him and I'm 13 and I can't drive! All I have is aquarium salt would that help??? I can't think straight I am so worried HELP!

AcuarioAmazonico

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hoping someone will come through with an answer for you.

They are great escape artists and hopefully he’ll be okay.

PascalKrypt

Well Known
Reaction score
If you have nothing but salt, you can try dosing in a very low concentration to help kill bacteria and sterilise the wounds, but scaleless fish can be very sensitive to salt so this may make him worse.

I would do several water changes, throughout the day, until you have access to medication. You need to keep the wounds from infection.
Get something sterilising, doesn't matter what it is. Any kind of anti-finrot medication, methylene blue, anti-parasite medication, all-cures. See if you can't convince your parents to get to the shop.

I have to say, from your description it doesn't sound very good. If the eel is still okay and your phone is working now, do post some pictures.

Mariah234

Reaction score
I also recommend you put him in a breeder box or some smaller tank of him own, to keep the other fish' bacteria away from him. Also make sure he has air flow and food!

New Threads