Emergency- New Tank

Mason Kent

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
IMG_0736.JPG
IMG_0735.JPG

These fish started acting weird and I looked at the tank again and this is what happened. They were moved from my old 55 to my new 55 and after a day they started acting weird. Now this has happened. I put the old filter onto the new tank in case of ammonia or anything. I’ve been doing 50% water changes since yesterday but it may be something in my well water (maybe Ammonia) but I have no way to test right now

endlercollector

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mason Kent said:
View attachment 474954View attachment 474955

These fish started acting weird and I looked at the tank again and this is what happened. They were moved from my old 55 to my new 55 and after a day they started acting weird. Now this has happened. I put the old filter onto the new tank in case of ammonia or anything. I’ve been doing 50% water changes since yesterday but it may be something in my well water (maybe Ammonia) but I have no way to test right now
If you have any Prime or Amquel Plus, you can dose the entire tank just in case. If it's something happening in your well water, Prime is only good for 24 hours, while Amquel Plus will get rid of things for longer.
Could you take some of the water to an LFS in the area for them to read your water? If you get some bad numbers from them, you can then contact your municipal water supply (if you're talking wells for your town). If this is a well on your property, Amquel Plus could help. We had a horrible nitrate spike in our municipal water due to drought a few years ago. I thought I was going crazy till I tested the water out of the tap and got a very dark red color Fishlore members told me about Amquel Plus, and I've used it ever since.

Mason Kent

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
endlercollector said:
If you have any Prime or Amquel Plus, you can dose the entire tank just in case. If it's something happening in your well water, Prime is only good for 24 hours, while Amquel Plus will get rid of things for longer.
Could you take some of the water to an LFS in the area for them to read your water? If you get some bad numbers from them, you can then contact your municipal water supply (if you're talking wells for your town). If this is a well on your property, Amquel Plus could help. We had a horrible nitrate spike in our municipal water due to drought a few years ago. I thought I was going crazy till I tested the water out of the tap and got a very dark red color Fishlore members told me about Amquel Plus, and I've used it ever since.
The nearest place I could get tested is an hour away so sadly I can’t.

Mason Kent

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
endlercollector said:
So sorry to hear that. Hang in there!
I’m hoping the addition of the old filter with plenty of bacteria will help

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom