20 Gallon Tank Emergency: Filter Stopped

Anixandria

EMERGENCY: The filter in my 20g went out sometime over the last 24 hours! I currently have an air stone running still and I just added a 5g filter on it (had an extra hanging around). Will my fish be okay until I get to the store in the morning?? All the shops are closed or will be closed before I get there! Please tell me what I can do to help my babies!! I’m freaking out!!!!

BigManAquatics

Stop. Breathe. And yes, they should be OK til morning. Sounds like you have done what you could. Maybe do a water change tonight for peace of mind :)

Upvote 0

Anixandria

Alright I’ll do a water change right away. I just feel horrible that they haven’t had a filter or enough fresh air. I have one of those filters that has a light that’s supposed to blink when it’s stopped or clogged, but no blinks at all
Thank you SO much for the quick reply. I’m literally shaking rn. I thought I would lose my whole tank from this

Upvote 0

StarGirl

Dont let the media dry up and you will be ok putting it in the new filter. Dont throw it out. After you get the new one going just check your parameters for a few days after you set it up. The air stone will keep oxygen in the water.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom