Emergency!!! Convict laid eggs without male

Kzza

Exactly what the title says…. My female convict laid eggs, and she jabs no mate! I want them to survive! I’m totally freaking out, what do I do?? Should I put them with a male, or leave them?
I tried moving them, and they might be dead now?
I’m very panicked! Please help!

philly27

the eggs are infertile if there is no male to fertilize them

Upvote 0

MD_Plants

Chiclids do that often. Do you... Do you think they can be fertile without a make?

Upvote 0

Kzza

I don’t know, should I put them with him?

Upvote 0

MacZ

Forget it, nothing will happen, likely he will eat them, she will too, when you put them back with her. Also, you don't want to breed them. They are impossible to get rid of in most countries.

Upvote 0

Kzza

Forget it, nothing will happen, likely he will eat them, she will too, when you put them back with her. Also, you don't want to breed them. They are impossible to get rid of in most countries.
Haha yes I’m aware of that! I really want to save them though….I don’t know why I just really do. Is there anything I can do? Anything at all? I do have a big tank for them! That’s probably why I want to keep them. I also just love convicts!
the eggs are infertile if there is no male to fertilize them
Is there anyway they can be fertile?

Upvote 0

SouthAmericanCichlids

No,there has to be a male in female, it's just how it works with all creatures except asexual reproducers . And they have to want to breed, a couple times my angels laid eggs w/males in the tank, and they were never fertilized.

Upvote 0

MySquishy

You can’t save them because they’re not alive. Just like chicken eggs from commercial farms will never hatch—ever ever—because they aren’t fertile. There has to be a rooster.

I know fish eggs are different and can be fertilized after they’re laid, but as someone else said this isn’t a type of fish you really want to breed anyway.

Upvote 0

JasperWard

Haha yes I’m aware of that! I really want to save them though….I don’t know why I just really do. Is there anything I can do? Anything at all? I do have a big tank for them! That’s probably why I want to keep them. I also just love convicts!

Is there anyway they can be fertile?
No

Upvote 0

Kzza

Oh darn, that’s kinda sad! I had some plans for convict fry. I guess it’s impossible to save them then. Thanks for all the help though, I really do appreciate it!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Convictlover
  • Question
Replies
Views
Vix1987
Replies
Views
FishGirl38