Emergency Broken Heater Replacement

mmercier

HI there, I came home today to find my heater was spent and no longer working. I need a replacement as quick as possible. I live in a small town and none of the superstars or the local fish store had suitable heaters. My only option is buying a heater too big or ordering on online. I was wondering if it would be acceptable to buy a 75 gallon heater for my 55 and just turn the temp down so it won’t overheat my tank. Any thoughts? Let me know, thanks a lot!

TWiG87

Yes, that will be fine. Keep an eye on your temperature but that’s not too far off in size

Dunk2

HI there, I came home today to find my heater was spent and no longer working. I need a replacement as quick as possible. I live in a small town and none of the superstars or the local fish store had suitable heaters. My only option is buying a heater too big or ordering on online. I was wondering if it would be acceptable to buy a 75 gallon heater for my 55 and just turn the temp down so it won’t overheat my tank. Any thoughts? Let me know, thanks a lot!

Assuming the heater’s temperature settings are reasonably accurate, it should turn off when your water reaches the desired temperature. No need to worry about it overheating your tank.

mmercier

Yes, that will be fine. Keep an eye on your temperature but that’s not too far off in size

Great news, thanks a lot!

mmercier

Assuming the heater’s temperature settings are reasonably accurate, it should turn off when your water reaches the desired temperature. No need to worry about it overheating your tank.

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it

Joker77

you can put whatever size adjustable heater you want in there and it won't overheat your tank. It will just run for less time.

EX. a 100w heater turns on for 20min every hour where as a 200w heater will only be on for 10min every hour(assuming all other variables stay the same)

mmercier

you can put whatever size adjustable heater you want in there and it won't overheat your tank. It will just run for less time.

EX. a 100w heater turns on for 20min every hour where as a 200w heater will only be on for 10min every hour(assuming all other variables stay the same)

Perfect! I went with the bigger option and it’s just fine, I appreciate the help

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • WiccaFish
  • Heater
Replies
Views
WiccaFish
Replies
Views
HummingbirdNSabath
Replies
Views