Emergency advice

1. aleu18 Member Member

hi!
    I need advice on what to do as soon as possible. I live in florida and we are currently going through a storm and a lot of tornado warning. My friends are already losing power and i want to be prepared for when mine goes out today (cause with my luck it will) and i dont know what to do about the filter. If the filter goes out how do i keep the water safe for the fish? I dont have a backup filter and i really dont want my fish to die. Will they be okay without power for a day? (Power shouldnt be out for more than 12 hours)
    Is there anything i can do to keep the water oxygenated? Because of the storm i cant get to stores either :(

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

3. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

We are also getting some good strong gusts at the moment Roughly what part of Fla are you in? It seems like it going to be worse north of tampa up near Tallahasse, We are near Englewood Fla about a mile from the Gulf of Mexico. Stay safe. Alison:;hi1

4. aleu18 Member Member

Thank you for the link its kinda calming down but it should be heading towards us based on the news :(
    The struggle of florida is real today