Emerald Cory Has White Spots Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by BettasGalore, Aug 12, 2019.

1. BettasGalore

BettasGaloreNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    Experience:
    4 years
    One of my newer (smaller) emerald cory cats (Brochis splendens) has developed white spots or patches on his fins, but only they lower ones.
    I recently had an emergency where my tank was leaking (not salvageable) and had to move all of my fish to one 15 gallon tank. I have my new tank cycled and I'm getting ready to move the emerald Corys, black neons, and betta sorority over.
    I don't want to introduce a disease to my new tank. What is it? And what is the best method to treat it?
    I am worried that there was some bullying by my Cambodian female betta. I recently left town for 24 hours and came home to about 1/3 of my tank water on the floor and the lights still on (I forgot to plug them into the timer). Turns out my filter got clogged, slowed down the flow, and it was spitting water down the back of the tank for 24 hours.
    I did a my water change (50%) when I got home (currently doing about 30% every 3 days because I'm overstocked)
    Tank parameters: ammonia 0ppm, nitrite 0ppm (it was between 0.5ppm and 1ppm before water change), nitrate 10ppm, pH 6.5, KH 40ppm, GH 60ppm, temp 79*.
    I have several live plants, including 1 anubias, 1 sword, several marimo balls various easy grow aquarium plants that had no name at petco. Probably 10 plants total, and I'm propagating them from cuttings and replantings.
    There are a few small Indian almond leaves throughout the tank. My substrate is black sand with a small amount of gravel underneath. I have several rock caves of varying sizes.
    I've been using Prime, Stability, and Stressguard. The tank is fed fluval bug bites betta formula, hikari micro pellets, hikari sinking mini algae wafers and bottom feeder wafers, along with the occasional baby shrimp treat.
    Should I treat the whole 15 gallon tank before I move the inhabitants to the 29 gallon? Do I need to add or change anything in my routine?
    I've attached pictures of the affected cory. I've had him about 3 weeks now, and he was obtained right before my 20g started leaking (where he was living).

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    BettasGalore

BettasGaloreNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    Experience:
    4 years
    Here is a better picture of him, from the other side. Are these healing wounds or something more serious?

Attached Files: