Ember Tetras

Discussion in 'Tetras' started by JohnA96, Jul 15, 2019.

1. JohnA96

JohnA96New MemberMember

How many ember tetras should I have for them to feel safe and all that. Right now I have 3 . Plus a bn pleco, 1 dwarf gourami , and like 12 baby mollies. Eventually I'm going to get ride of the baby mollies and only keep 3 or 4 girls. And then was probably gonna put different types of tetras, rasboras smaller fish with low bio loads
    Any input on that would be appreciated as well

2. BottomDweller

BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

I would say 8 minimum but they'd be happier in a larger group. Be careful with them and the mollies. Mollies can get quite large depending on what kind they are and some individuals can be a bit aggressive.
    What size tank is it?

3. OP
    OP
    JohnA96

JohnA96New MemberMember

Right now they are the same size as the baby mollies. But im waiting to get ride of the males and down females to my lfs. The tank is a 29 gal. I was gonna get 3 more for a total of 6 . I read another post about how they mated and laid eggs and stuff under the same conditions mine are in now so I don't want to get to many and then they have babies lol

4. BottomDweller

BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

I'd go for around 10. If they do breed and the babies survive (unlikely with the DG) then you could rehome them like the mollies.

5. FishRFriendz

FishRFriendzWell Known MemberMember

I started with 15 and they were never scared. Petco is doing 5 for $5 on them.

6. Sheldon13

Sheldon13Valued MemberMember

I got 15 of them in this sale! Brilliant!