Ember Tetras

Discussion in 'Tetras' started by Jameseyy, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Jameseyy

JameseyyValued MemberMember

I recently got a shoal of 10 ember tetras in a 10-gallon tank with 4 sparkling gourami and 4 platys.

I've always been really fascinated with ember tetras and was adamant to get some, though due to their diminutive size, I was always worried about them being too shy. However, I have found my Ember Tetras to be amazing fish and would suggest them to any person planning on getting a fish tank. With their bright colours and active personalities, they make excellent additions to any planted aquarium.

I was found in my research that they are awkward and hard to feed, they are sensitive fish and they are extremely shy. None of these are true: they eat crushed flake food more than happily, they are enough to stand fluctuation temperatures and chlorinated water and with enough places to be able to retreat to, they become brilliantly confident fish. Even in a small tank, they shoal very well and I can only imagine how well they would school in a large tank with some other larger fish.

Go get some Embers!

2. WTFish?

WTFish?Well Known MemberMember

I love my embers too, they were really shy the first week, but now they swim with confidence....I did have one die though when my heater quit and temp dropped to 62 overnight...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice