10 Gallon Tank Ember tetras with Mexican dwarf crayfish

Ghelfaire

I would hold off on the crayfish. They're territorial and might kill your shrimp.
The tetras will be fine.

Upvote 0

Hobbyist

I would hold off on the crayfish. They're territorial and might kill your shrimp.
The tetras will be fine.
Ok thanks, and as for the shrimps I wouldn’t mind if they ate some, it would be a nice snack added to their diet, I am even thinking to put some shrimps in my betta tank so that it can eat some of the baby shrimps, but the only problem is how can I make the first generation survive and make a good population
The tetras will be fine.
Oh I forgot to mention that I want to put the Mexican dwarf crayfish, will edit it

Upvote 0

Ghelfaire

Even the ember tetras might eat some of the babies too.
What size tank is the betta in? Maybe you can temporarily move the betta into the 10g shrimp tank and move some of the shrimp into the bettas old tank until they start breeding.
I'll have to warn you though a bettas mouth may be small but they can fit an adult cherry shrimp in there (I learned that the hard way)

Upvote 0

Hobbyist

Even the ember tetras might eat some of the babies too.
What size tank is the betta in? Maybe you can temporarily move the betta into the 10g shrimp tank and move some of the shrimp into the bettas old tank until they start breeding.
I'll have to warn you though a bettas mouth may be small but they can fit an adult cherry shrimp in there (I learned that the hard way)
The betta is in a 5g
Also I can’t transfer it to the 10g because it contains a sharp edged driftwood and the filter has high flow, but the this is not a big deal, I would think of this later

Upvote 0

RayClem

Crayfish are pretty good at catching smaller prey. Although larger fish should not be an issue, small fish like Ember tetras and shrimp may be at risk.

Upvote 0

Hobbyist

Crayfish are pretty good at catching smaller prey. Although larger fish should not be an issue, small fish like Ember tetras and shrimp may be at risk.
Even for a dwarf one like Mexican dwarf crayfish?

Upvote 0

RayClem

Even for a dwarf one like Mexican dwarf crayfish?

I never had one of the dwarfs so I do not know for sure. The Embers might be OK, but might not.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
LurkingontheReg
  • Question
10 Gallon Tank Glofish in 10g
Replies
Views
Hobbyist
Replies
Views