Elite Stingray Filter Flow

Odin
Hi

I got my first Betta today and upon placing him in his new tank I noticed the flow from the filter which is an Elite stingray 5 filter was probaly a bit too strong for him. Is there any DIY methods I could use to reduce the flow for him. any awnsers would be greatly appreciated thx.

75g Discus Tank
You can use some filter floss or some sponge to cover the intake which will reduce water flow.

Odin
Thx for replying.
should I just put filter floss where the sponge is then at the bottom of the filter?

75g Discus Tank
I would put in on the outside. It doesn’t look good, but it will reduce the flow.

Rtessy
A lot of betta keepers will just cut a plastic water bottle horizontal and put that under the filter so it reduces splashing and flow
But make sure if you do this method that the edges are smooth and the betta can't get in

Odin
I always thought plastic was toxic to fish

75g Discus Tank
Food grade plastic will work.
If we didn’t use food grade plastic, most of us would be dead.

Odin
okay thx

Odin
HI I found a way to reduce the flow for my betta on my elite stingray 5 filter by placing a sponge for the outtake to go into and I was just wondering if this is safe and won't cause any issues. Thx. Here are some pics

Attachments

• IMG_0318.JPG
    IMG_0318.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0319.JPG
    IMG_0319.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 99
WTFish?
HI I found a way to reduce the flow for my betta on my elite stingray 5 filter by placing a sponge for the outtake to go into and I was just wondering if this is safe and won't cause any issues. Thx. Here are some pics
It’s totally fine (if not contaminated from something else or dirty)...we’ve all done it

Odin
Ok that's good it's a extra sponge that I had from an other filter that I never used thx

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
10 Gallon Tank Filter flow issue
Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies
Views
TKK9
Replies
Views
WTFish?