Elephant Nose Fish

1. onelovie Member Member

Here is a picture of Snuffy, my elephant nose fish.

Attached Files:

2. swimfan Member Member

oh he's really neat! thanks for sharing!

3. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Woweee he's cool!

4. Jason Well Known Member Member

Nice fish-so these are related to the Black-ghost Knife fish are they?

5. onelovie Member Member

I believe they come from the same family...I don't know much about the ghost knife fish though.

6. fishfreak Member Member

looks cool and weird (awsome) ;)

7. onelovie Member Member

Thanks!!  :)  He IS cool, weird and very awesome.  Waiting for my tank to cycle so I could get him was the longest few weeks of my life!  I was positive that when I went back to the pet store to finally get him, they would be sold out!!!  Luckily, they weren't.  :)

8. joe Member Member

that fish is pretty cool and wierd i havnt seen those at the pet store were i get my fish

9. onelovie Member Member

My pet store had one tank of them for a few months but now they are gone. I think they may have just ordered them for something different. I had never seen them before that, either, and I go there way too frequently!

10. joe Member Member

I go to my pet store to probably a little too much also but i love it. I am going there today.

11. RoboDude Member Member

Nice Elephant Nose, onelovie! How big is he?

12. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

thats a cool fish!

13. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

Your elephant nose fish is awesome :) how big will he get?

also, i wanted to ask you another question a little off topic -- do your danios (im assuming you have zebras) and your neons get along well?

14. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

the elephant nose will get 8 inches

15. RoboDude Member Member

Not too small!

16. jim55379 Member Member

WOW!!! That is one crazy looking fish... I'll bet you didn't buy that one from wall ma part!!!!!! :D :D :)

17. LarryDavid Member Member

These wish are ok to be put in the same tank, a friend of mine has them both in one tank and they get along fine the neons keep themselves to themselves, I would reccomend getting more than 3 zebras as they will chse other fish smaller than themselves if they do not have as many of themselves to play with ;)
    Also if your getting zebras make sure everyone gets a feed as they are extremely fast and greedy :)