Elephant Nose Fish

Jason

Well Known
Reaction score
Nice fish-so these are related to the Black-ghost Knife fish are they?

OP
O

onelovie

Reaction score
I believe they come from the same family...I don't know much about the ghost knife fish though.

OP
O

onelovie

Reaction score
Thanks!!    He IS cool, weird and very awesome.  Waiting for my tank to cycle so I could get him was the longest few weeks of my life!  I was positive that when I went back to the pet store to finally get him, they would be sold out!!!  Luckily, they weren't. 

joe

Reaction score
that fish is pretty cool and weird I haven't seen those at the pet store were I get my fish

OP
O

onelovie

Reaction score
My pet store had one tank of them for a few months but now they are gone. I think they may have just ordered them for something different. I had never seen them before that, either, and I go there way too frequently!

joe

Reaction score
I go to my pet store to probably a little too much also but I love it. I am going there today.

EmpPleco

Well Known
Reaction score
Your elephant nose fish is awesome how big will he get?

also, I wanted to ask you another question a little off topic -- do your danios (I'm assuming you have zebras) and your neons get along well?

jim55379

Reaction score
WOW!!! That is one crazy looking fish... I'll bet you didn't buy that one from wall ma part!!!!!!

LarryDavid

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
EmpPleco said:
Your elephant nose fish is awesome how big will he get?

also, I wanted to ask you another question a little off topic -- do your danios (I'm assuming you have zebras) and your neons get along well?

These wish are ok to be put in the same tank, a friend of mine has them both in one tank and they get along fine the neons keep themselves to themselves, I would reccomend getting more than 3 zebras as they will chse other fish smaller than themselves if they do not have as many of themselves to play with
Also if your getting zebras make sure everyone gets a feed as they are extremely fast and greedy

New Threads