Elephant Nose Fish

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by onelovie, Aug 11, 2005.

1. o

onelovie Valued Member Member

Attached Files:

2. s

swimfan New Member Member

oh he's really neat! thanks for sharing!

3. M

Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Woweee he's cool!

4. J

Jason Well Known Member Member

Nice fish-so these are related to the Black-ghost Knife fish are they?

5. OP
    OP
    o

I believe they come from the same family...I don't know much about the ghost knife fish though.

6. f

fishfreak Valued Member Member

looks cool and weird (awsome) ;)

7. OP
    OP
    o

Thanks!!  :)  He IS cool, weird and very awesome.  Waiting for my tank to cycle so I could get him was the longest few weeks of my life!  I was positive that when I went back to the pet store to finally get him, they would be sold out!!!  Luckily, they weren't.  :)

8. j

joe Valued Member Member

that fish is pretty cool and wierd i havnt seen those at the pet store were i get my fish

9. OP
    OP
    o

My pet store had one tank of them for a few months but now they are gone. I think they may have just ordered them for something different. I had never seen them before that, either, and I go there way too frequently!

10. j

joe Valued Member Member

I go to my pet store to probably a little too much also but i love it. I am going there today.

11. R

RoboDude Valued Member Member

Nice Elephant Nose, onelovie! How big is he?

12. n

newbie101 Well Known Member Member

thats a cool fish!

13. E

EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

Your elephant nose fish is awesome :) how big will he get?

also, i wanted to ask you another question a little off topic -- do your danios (im assuming you have zebras) and your neons get along well?

14. f

fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

the elephant nose will get 8 inches

15. R

RoboDude Valued Member Member

Not too small!

16. j

jim55379 Valued Member Member

WOW!!! That is one crazy looking fish... I'll bet you didn't buy that one from wall ma part!!!!!! :D :D :)

17. LarryDavid

LarryDavid Valued Member Member

These wish are ok to be put in the same tank, a friend of mine has them both in one tank and they get along fine the neons keep themselves to themselves, I would reccomend getting more than 3 zebras as they will chse other fish smaller than themselves if they do not have as many of themselves to play with ;)
    Also if your getting zebras make sure everyone gets a feed as they are extremely fast and greedy :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice