elephant nose fish compatibility

Dazz

Reaction score

joe

Valued Member
Reaction score
um Dazz i dont think it would work very well.  Because the both send off very small electrical currents.  and its not good to have two electric sending fish in one tank, at least thats what i found on the internet. :-\ hope that helps.

Joe

Jason

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yep it be bad idea. Joe is exactly right and they may even fight or the bigger will chase off the other

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good advice from both joe and J-Man
Carol

bmRboY

Valued Member
Reaction score
Dazz said:
does anyone no if an elephant nose fish would get on with a black ghost knife fish ?
Actually, they do get along well with each other... i have one elephant nose with 4 ghost knife fish and a couple of discus... they get along just fine...

zeddy

Valued Member
Reaction score
bmRboY said:
Dazz said:
does anyone no if an elephant nose fish would get on with a black ghost knife fish ?
Actually, they do get along well with each other... i have one elephant nose with 4 ghost knife fish and a couple of discus... they get along just fine...
i have elephant nose and ghost knife in the same tank and they fought for territory for a couple of days but they get along just fine now

username

Valued Member
Reaction score
Dazz said:
I do not have an elephant nose but I do have a BGK. If you do that setup, add lots of rock/hiding holes and plants for them to hide in and you would need a massive tank to keep them all as adults.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom