Electricity costs of fish-keeping?

Yeoy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Gday all,

Recently in NSW, Australia there has been a lot of media focus on electricity companies charging more, the State Government allowing these companies to charge excess, and regular increases in bills.

I have only ever had 1 tank set up at a time (so far), but we are generally quite conservative on electricity in general and haven't noticed any great increases.

I was wondering if anyone has BIG power bills directly because of their fish, and how they manage it?

I don't know about North America, but here electricity bills can be $500+ a quarter(3 months) for small houses/units.

Oso

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
According to the electricity company I use about 8.59 kWh ($1.15) in electricity a day. That is my two tanks, fridge, and lights all running.

Terra

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I don't know about North America, but here electricity bills can be $500+ a quarter(3 months) for small houses/units.
My mom's electric bill is regularly $250-350 per month Mine tends to hover around $65-75/month for a 2 bedroom apartment. I noticed an increase the last 3 months - which coincides with my fish tanks being bought - but I also setup a 2nd computer for my son at the same time. It's not too bad with the 3 tanks + extra computer compared to what it was, $5-10 or so a month higher.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom