Electric yellow scale funny

cindyp303

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
my eletric yellow is at the surface . his scalese are rougth . and he looks like there loosing there color . they look white. i had a eletric blue die last week same sort of thing i thaught he was picked on . but he died my yellow wasnt picked on . any ideas .

the tank tests are fine ecept nitrate . ive been doing a 20% change and i have nit zorb in there to help it about 40 now so will do another change in a sec .

Attachments

cindyp303

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
theres are some pic there not that clear but there taken with my phone . he has dark stripes and his scles are very rought and there going white

claudicles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Cindy, I hope this doesn't sound rude but your posts are very hard to read. Would you mind proof reading them and attending to spelling and punctuation? I know you are probably distressed and writing in a rush but people are more likely to help you if they can figure out what your problem is easily.

cindyp303

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
sorry about that my fish scales started to go white and they a very rough to touch. i put him in a breeder box that sits in the tank the otheres were picking on him . i went down to a fish shop nere me they said it is a fungas. they gave me stuff to treat the tank . its green now but my fish didnt make it . i lost my eletric blue last week to the same thing same day aswell. i was told to treat the whole tank and the other fish. ive never used the fungas stuff. so i hope i dont lose them all they seem to be fine with the tank green. and still chasing each other . i dont know why he gotr the fungas i keep a check on the amonia and all that . ive had trouble with the Nitrate so i was told to buy nitr zorb. that helped a little and i still had to do a water change . i havent tested it now as it beeing treated

claudicles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Water changes are a much better way to deal with nitrates than nitrate absorbing treatments. There are other potentially toxic substances which we don;t tend to measure which may build up over time and can only be removed with water changes. I can't help you with your fungus problem I am afraid. I had the impression it only tended to happen in stressed fish so good water is crucial.

firemouthfreak

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Are you sure it wasn't picked on by another fish?

blkdeath75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Does it look like a swelling? Could be possible Malawi bloat but can't be 100%.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads