Electric yellow cichlids 15 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Electric Yellow Cichlid' started by Jladd, Mar 21, 2010.

1. J

Jladd New Member Member

I have recently added 2 electric yellow cichlids to my 15.5 gallon tank, I was just wondering if they would be able to stay in there for six months till I upgrade to a 50 Gallon tank? Any advice? They are both 2 inch males and are the only fish in the tank.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  2. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

As long as you keep it just the 2 of them, you could probably get away with it for a little while....6 months, IDK. You'll know when it's time to upgrade....

3. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning, Welcome to Fish Lore Jladd

:animal0068:I have deleted your duplicate post and moved this one from Aquarium Stocking Questions to the Electric Yellow Cichlid. It will be a lot less confusing to other members.

Thanks!
    Ken

4. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore! African Malawi do best in a minimum of a 55g tank. The sooner you can upgrade them, the better.

Goodluck and please keep us posted.

5. OP
    OP
    J

Jladd New Member Member

Took one of the cichlids back today! didnt wanna take them both because they were my fav fish!!! hopefull the remaining one will be ok for the time being.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice