Electric Yellow Cichlid's Tiny teeth.

LeoDiaz
[
image.jpgJust notice the tiny teeth of my electric yellow cichlid. If you can see them in the pic.

utkgreg
Little buggers can hurt. My cichlids have no fear of me when it comes to feeding time --- can literally pet them. But that also means they have no qualms with taking food out of my hands, or taking chunks out of my hands thinking they're food! Lol... I've literally come back from feeding once or twice with little flaps of skin loose on my fingers!

April R
ouch!

LeoDiaz
My electric yellow is to small to do any harm. But not for long

utkgreg
They grow quick... mine started off about an inch long when I brought them home, and the yellow labs are still the smallest in the tank, but they're well over three inches after just four months.

LeoDiaz
They grow quick... mine started off about an inch long when I brought them home, and the yellow labs are still the smallest in the tank, but they're well over three inches after just four months.
Yea biggest one is 2-3inch the one in the pic. The other ones are like an inch. Can wait for them to be full grown.

utkgreg
You should post pics of your albino --- I don't have any of those

LeoDiaz
You should post pics of your albino --- I don't have any of those

If can get one he/she doesn't stop moving.

utkgreg
ha, know the feelin --- they definitely do not understand the importance of posing for the camera.

LeoDiaz

image.jpg
image.jpg
Couldn't get good ones. Like he know I want photo of him, he keeps swimming all over the place. The other pose right in front of camera and come up to it.

LeoDiaz
Thai Aquarium owner
The Mbuna Cichlids of Lake malawI have very tiny "rasping" teeth, that are used to graze on the Algae growing on the rocks, as this is their primary food scource.

LeoDiaz
The Mbuna Cichlids of Lake malawI have very tiny "rasping" teeth, that are used to graze on the Algae growing on the rocks, as this is their primary food scource.

The weird thing is I can't see them on my yellow tail aceI the biggest an dominate fish. But I can see them on my electric yellow.

utkgreg
I have electric yellow, blue acei, red zebra, bumblebee, hongI and giraffes.

LeoDiaz
How does the hongI and giraffe look.

Rivieraneo
I got nipped to slightly when I was treating my flowerhorn, he actually drew blood, here's the link with pic

LeoDiaz
Can mbuna draw blood when there full grown?

utkgreg
Here is the Hongi

20140119_133306.jpg

And here is a quick pic of a giraffe.

20140202_090538.jpg

Sorry for the quality; just quick snaps with the cell phone.

worrywart
haha their teeth are cool, I remember when I first saw them, they are easy to spot because they're actually coloured on Electric Yellows.. I haven't seen the teeth on my rustys, and definitely not on my juvI saulosis or red dragons as they are too small

I have also been able to handfeed/pat them, it's an incredible experience But I don't pat them in case this removes the layer of slime coat protecting them.

I'll occasionally handfeed sort of as a party trick to friends or my nephews, they're fascinated, too small to hurt if they nip me

I would imagine flowerhorns could hurt, I don't know if Elec Yellows could, they don't grow as big, unless you see those disgusting steroid pumped ones.. even still not as large

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
KinsKicks
Replies
Views
ThePuzzleMaker
Replies
Views
mtorts
Top Bottom