Electric Yellow Cichlid

genie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
OK-- I have heard mixed advice about tank size with the Electric Yellow Cichlid.  I am getting a 30 gallon, and would love one, but I don't want to make it unhappy.  Also, can I put it with other fish, or should I go species only?  And if species only - how many? ;D

OP
genie

genie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hey thanks for the link. I am disappointed b/c it says I need 55gal+, but maybe someday. I guess I'll have to put something else in the 30 gal.
Thanks

PPK9110

Reaction score
well I have a 20 gallon and I have serveral african cichilids, including two electric yellow cichilids, if that makes you feel better, the imformation saids that you need minimun of 55 or more in order for your cichilid to grow to its maximun size which is about 6-8 inches, its definaly more than 4 inches. correct me if i'm wrong

OP
genie

genie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I was reading what you have in your tank (Mollies tetras and Cichlids) Do your cichlids show aggression toward the mollies. And are they full grown? Just wondering b/c I love mollies, and want the electric yellows sooooo bad.

orangeson

Reaction score
I have one red zebras in 5 gallon tank hes 4 inches had him alone in there for a year also I have 2 jack dempseys 4 inches each in another 6 gallon so you can house it in your 30 gallon tank they lie and try to make you spend money by buying larger tanks so don't buy into the hype buy what you want with what you want and make your own rules good luck ;D

PPK9110

Reaction score
Genie said:
I was reading what you have in your tank (Mollies tetras and Cichlids)  Do your cichlids show aggression toward the mollies.  And are they full grown?  Just wondering b/c I love mollies, and want the electric yellows sooooo bad.
oh my cichilid get alone with my mollies just fine, they don't show any aggression towards to each other at all, but sometimes my cichilids show aggression towards each other for some reason, and no they're not full grown, one is about 3.5 inche long and other are 1.5 electric yellow are quite peaful towards my mollies and tetras

New Threads