Electric blue v German blue rams Question

Discussion in 'Ram Cichlid' started by Linda4088, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Linda4088

Linda4088 Valued Member Member

Talk to me. Can you tell me what the differences is? I know someone is going to say they are the same fish but different colors but is one hardier than the other is one larger? Any information you can give me I would appreciate. Thank you.

2. TreBall13

TreBall13 New Member Member

They are generally pretty close to the same. German blue rams are a little hardier in my opinion, but not by much. Plus they are a lot cheaper and I think they are prettier than the electric rams.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. Jakoba

Jakoba Well Known Member Member

+ 1 to TreBall's post. They really are the same species of fish, unlike bolivians which are a species of their own, the Electric Blue and Gold variations are just color morphs.

As far as whether either is hardier than the other, I can't say for certain as I don't have any experience with Electric Blues, but I would imagine that they would be more sensitive simply due to the over-breeding and inbreeding that goes into creating new color strains like that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice