Electric Blue Rams And Killies

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Calum98, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Calum98

Calum98Valued MemberMember

Hi, just wondering about stocking a 70litre tank
    Currently have two Killies in the tank (not sure exactly what kind as the shop wasn't sure) but I was wondering about transferring two Electric Blue Rams from my other tank into this tank as I feel their blue will look lovely with the dark substrate in this tank, can anyone see any problems with matching these two species up?
    Couple of photos if that helps identify them
    a96ceb3d90e779b9bb9e3ec59fbe4afa.jpg7797c41d694278ca9088088d90dced6b.jpg
    And any suggestions on adding anything else into the tank.
    Thank you

2. ashenwelt

ashenweltWell Known MemberMember

You have 2 males?

3. OP
    OP
    Calum98

Yeah I do, was the last two and the guy serving suggested to get both, been looking it up as one of them isn't in a good shape and will be moving it into my larger tank

4. OP
    OP
    Calum98

That's a photo of the same one btw, the other lacks a lot of colour but the guy said they were both males.

5. ashenwelt

ashenweltWell Known MemberMember

Wait... Show a photo of both... Most killis the female has nearly no color.

However you may have a bullying issue. You need lots of places to hide for killis. At least you didn't get a golden wonder... So probably either an aphyosemion or fundulopanchax family... But not good enough to identify. Though female fundulopanchax scheeli are yellow with red spots I think... Hmm.

Also you should post in the killifish section to get some knowledge from killifish people.

But add some hiding places lol.

6. OP
    OP
    Calum98

The second one has already died sadly, I finished typing the last post and got a fry tank to put it in while keeping it in the same tank but it had already passed away.
    And okay I'll go post there tomorrow at some point, I'll add some more hiding places in the tank.

7. chromedome52

chromedome52Fishlore VIPMember

I see a post with the word "Killies" and I'm going to look anyway. I've kept killifish since about 1970, bred a couple hundred species, have been considered reasonably capable of species ID by many, but it took me a few minutes to figure out what species that might be in the photo! It might be a very young and/or very beat up Gold Gardneri, which is a color form of Fundulopanchax gardneri, but the females of that strain also have pale colored bodies.

Anyway, it needs cooler water than the Rams would need, as ramirezi needs 27C minimum and the Gardneri should be kept at 24C maximum. I would not consider them a good combination.

8. OP
    OP
    Calum98

Thanks for the advice exactly what I needed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice