Electric Blue Ram Mysterious White Spot?

pastrami

Hello,

My Electric Blue Ram just developed this weird white spot near his gill. Ammonia and Niterite 0, Nitrate is 5 ppm and PH is 8. I just recently added other blue rams and fish that finished their quarantine to the tank he's in.

I was hoping someone could identify it.

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20170622_202000.jpg
    IMG_20170622_202000.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 645

Fanatic

Does it have a fluffy appearance?
It could be columnaris if that's a yes.

pastrami

It looks fuzzy, I also see some white spots that kind of look like ich. I do have Melafix but don't know if it can be mixed with Super Ich.

pastrami

Update: Treating with Melafix and Super Ich Cure he seems to be much better and energetic. He also ate today but I had to add garlic to get him interested.

TwoHedWlf

Hello,

My Electric Blue Ram just developed this weird white spot near his gill. Ammonia and Niterite 0, Nitrate is 5 ppm and PH is 8. I just recently added other blue rams and fish that finished their quarantine to the tank he's in.

I was hoping someone could identify it.

Thank you
I didn't think Rams grew nuchal humps?

pastrami

I didn't think Rams grew nuchal humps?
You mean the humps on his head? He has two rows of 3, perfectly symmetrical. He's the only Blue Ram I've seen with them. They also seem to be permanent.

TwoHedWlf

No, the one big hump on his head, that looks like a small nuchal hump.

pastrami

No, the one big hump on his head, that looks like a small nuchal hump.
I did some research into it, I know what you mean now . He developed that when he was paired at the breeder I was told, he also got the rows on his head at the same time. I can't find any other info about his species getting them anywhere.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
bcfishtanks
Replies
Views
carsonsgjs
Replies
Views
Haydeno
Replies
Views