Electric Blue Marble Veil Fin Angels!

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by bopsalot, Apr 12, 2017.

1. bopsalot

bopsalotWell Known MemberMember

I'm so excited! I wanted some interesting angelfish to be the centerpieces in my 4 foot 60 gallon aquarium and they arrived in the mail today. They only had to spend about 36 hours in shipping and they all arrived healthy and well. I acclimated them over 90 minutes and added them to their new home 3 hours ago. So far they seem to be adjusting well. It's so cool! I only ordered 3, but received 5. There's the 2 "electric blue" marbles, the blue zebra pearlscale widefin, and two extras- one looks like he may be a wildtype/phillipine blue cross, he has the traditional 3 stripe thing going on. And the other extra is nearly colorless, with very small coloration near the head and on his fins. They are dime-sized juveniles, it'll be fun watching them grow and their color develop. Don't know if I really have room for 5 in a 4 foot, 60 gallon tank, but I'm pretty sure my LFS would happily take blue angels in trade if it comes to that. My last concern is about feeding. I hope these guys will be aggressive eaters (all my other angels always have been). I have never kept any quite so young before, though. Hopefully it will not prove challenging. I'll give them 2 days to adjust before attempting to feed them. I'm so happy that everything is going so well!

2. Punkin

PunkinWell Known MemberMember

Can you post photos? They sound beautiful. And welcome to Fishlore!

3. KimberlyG

KimberlyGFishlore VIPMember

We'd love pictures if you have any!

4. OP
    OP
    bopsalot

Lights are off for now to reduce stress, but I will try to take some photos tomorrow. They are so tiny! 3 are hiding in decorations, but 2 have camped out near the heater, so i'll photograph them when I turn the lights on. From what I understand, they don't display much blue coloration until they are older, and sometimes its pretty subtle, but some specimens can be quite blue under the right conditions! I'll see what I have tomorrow.

5. bizaliz3

bizaliz3Fishlore LegendMember

I assume you got them from Angel Mania?

For the record, a Philippine blue can also be called a blue silver. They look just like a silver angel only they're more blue colored. It's not a cross breed.

I'd also enjoy photos.

I have a few full grown spawning adults that I received as dime-sized babies from Angela Mania. They are very pretty fish.

6. Freeswimmer

FreeswimmerNew MemberMember

Pictures please! Where do you get them?

7. OP
    OP
    bopsalot

8. OP
    OP
    bopsalot

Oh cool. I figured out how to resize the image and post the smaller version. Now I need to figure out how to post multiple photos on one reply. Yes, they are from Angelmania. They are so cute! And full of personality already.

9. bizaliz3

bizaliz3Fishlore LegendMember

That is an adorable angelfish!! :)

That is a ton of black coverage though. You're really not going to see much blue at all unfortunately.

I'm looking forward to seeing the others :)

10. OP
    OP
    bopsalot

IMG_0189.JPG

Attached Files:

11. OP
    OP
    bopsalot

12. KimberlyG

13. OP
    OP
    bopsalot

14. KimberlyG

Love this one. Can't wait to see when it when it's bigger.

15. OP
    OP
    bopsalot

16. OP
    OP
    bopsalot

Can't find the platinum-ish one or the blue silver (thanks for the identification) They are likely inside one of the hollow decorations. I saw them hiding underneath the large hollow fake rock a few hours ago... Hopefully they turn up soon.

17. Five 97

Five 97Well Known MemberMember

Nice angels!

18. OP
    OP
    bopsalot

Thanks everyone for sharing my excitement! I love those angelfish! Found the blue silver hiding at the very top, out of view behind the aquarium rim. Number 5 is still missing. Gotta be somewhere, although I once put a male betta into my community tank- he promptly disappeared. I figured he was hiding, but he never showed back up! He was gone in literally 1 minute, never seen again. I took everything out looking for him, but no trace. Finally I concluded that he must have jumped out through the 2 inch gap in the hood for the filter outflow, and was eaten by my cats??? Anyway, I hope to see that last angel tomorrow...

19. AlyeskaGirlFishlore VIPMember

Very nice, hope they do well for you.

20. smaurer3076

smaurer3076Valued MemberMember

Where did you get them by chance? I just got babies from Angelmania.net and he seems to be the only breeder with true blue angelfish

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice