Electric blue Jack dempsey

MCh4mm3r

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Ordered this little gem from a mom and pop store down the road always liked the coulors.
IMG_20200307_220943.jpg
IMG_20200307_221042.jpg
IMG_20200307_221033.jpg

Amazoniantanklvr

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ive heard that they have weak genes. That means that they die randomly and get sick easily. Sorry to sound negative, just wanted to warn you/let you know.

S/he is very pretty and hope that s/he lives a long happy life.

OP
MCh4mm3r

MCh4mm3r

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Thanks, I have heard the same and don't think your being negative only cautions. I look forward to hopefully seeing it grow into a beauty.

Amazoniantanklvr

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Do you happen to know how it was created? A cross between an EBA and a jd perhaps?

OP
MCh4mm3r

MCh4mm3r

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Amazoniantanklvr said:
Do you happen to know how it was created? A cross between an EBA and a jd perhaps?
No I do not. However I my cousin ordered 2 as well and was told the blue Gene is not dominate and inbreed needed to bring it out hence all the health problems. Hopefully his two can pair off and find out

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
MCh4mm3r said:
Thanks, I have heard the same and don't think your being negative only cautions. I look forward to hopefully seeing it grow into a beauty.
Agree with you on that one. The full grown ones I've seen are absolutely stunning.
Amazoniantanklvr said:
If I remember correctly it's just very selective breeding in JD's, hence the sensitivity. I don't now the exact gene's required to get one EBJD, but I do know to get EB fry you don't want two EBJD's, you want one regular JD and one EBJD

Amazoniantanklvr

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
nikm128 said:
If I remember correctly it's just very selective breeding in JD's, hence the sensitivity. I don't now the exact gene's required to get one EBJD, but I do know to get EB fry you don't want two EBJD's, you want one regular JD and one EBJD
Well I guess if they did it with the ram they can do it with a jd. Good to know.

qldmick

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think its a regular JD with the blue gene cross a blue JD. I ordered one but the owner closed their shop for a few days and came back to a tank full of dead ebjd.

bayulgen

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The fish is very beautiful but I don't like painted stones and unnatural things in aquarium. :)

qldmick

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I also don't like the unnatural gravel I think he would really pop with a fine black gravel.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom