Help Electric blue acaras fighting the glass and hurting each other.

Riuqlav

Valued Member
Reaction score
My pair of EBA already spawn several times with no problems.

Now it out nowhere, they start to fighting their reflexion non stop, and end up delivering nasty bites into each other by accident.

The male lost all the blue in his face and the female already broke her lower jaw.

I can't buy a background right now because I'm selling this tank to upgrade, and the bigger is prob. gonna consist of the same problem...

The only partial solution is a giant plastic cover that I use to separate them from the rest of the tank when they breed.

I want to know, is that possible to stop this behavior somehow?
Or I just let them until they get over it?

A201

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
When you upgrade to the bigger tank, start a colony of EBA. Spreading the aggression between a larger group is one of the better methods of achieving equilibrium.

Riuqlav

Valued Member
Reaction score
I already have around a 100 of them but this is my breeding pair , they're not fighting with each other they're fighting together the reflexion they bite each other by accident

vyrille

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Maybe try wrapping the tank with a black plastic garbage bag in the meantime? I used to own a betta who used to flare at the glass a lot and this calmed him down.

vyrille

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The whole tank?
Yes, to help them calm down and recover. And then every once in a while you can try removing it to see if they still react that way even when not breeding, until you have upgraded your tank and have a proper background for them.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom