Electric Blue Acara or Angelfish 45 Gallon

Gursher Nakai

Reaction score
Hi! So I was trying to find a good single centerpiece fish for a 45 gallon (36 x 12 x 25), and I've narrowed it down to an angelfish and an eba. Can someone tell me which in their experience has been the more personable and intelligent fish? That's my main criteria for choosing, but I'd also like to keep them with 10 kuhli loaches and a starlight bristle nose pleco, though that stocking is changeable depending on the fish.

blennylover2323

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
sounds like an amazing tank! I would go for an angelfish because they work perfectly will your ideal stock and they are beautiful to watch. I own 6 angelfish and they all gorgeous. I don't know much about ebas and have never kept them but I do quite a lot about angelfish. good luck!!

OP
G

Gursher Nakai

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I was wondering if anyone with experience with both could answer?

OP
G

Gursher Nakai

Reaction score
Really? I’ve heard captive bred specimens were fine solo. Ok then EBA it is! Would you say they are personable? Like similar to Oscars and flowerhorns?

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Gursher Nakai said:
Really? I’ve heard captive bred specimens were fine solo. Ok then EBA it is! Would you say they are personable? Like similar to Oscars and flowerhorns?
Captive bred are also the same way, you can keep them solo but I think that the best way to keep them is in groups of 5+..

I can't comment if they are personable but most cichlids have a personality of some sort.

New Threads