Either at the top swimming against the filter current or at the bottom barely moving

kylo ren

she’s either at the top swimming against the filter current or at the bottom barely moving these white dots on her will not lessen or go away no matter what I do and she is very bloated? pregnant? i’m not sure

+ while stringy poo but the tank has been treated for tape worms for two weeks and is still being treated

also my platy flashes constantly and bounces along the sand + decorations and sits at the bottom with his fins clamped all the time but all the other fish act (minus this female guppy) act fine so idk what’s up with that

I did ich baths for 5 days in a row and it didn’t help and only seemed to stress her out more

are babies stuck in her birthing hole?

Attachments

• A89EB995-16A0-43B0-ACC0-B57749D4F40E.jpeg
    A89EB995-16A0-43B0-ACC0-B57749D4F40E.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 9078BCE1-8542-49BC-A31D-F84296ADF208.jpeg
    9078BCE1-8542-49BC-A31D-F84296ADF208.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 41

Caitlin86

She has the ich parasite...as do ur others...the "rubbing" behaviour is called flashing. The ich parasite can only be killed in the free swimming time of the life cyle. Those little white dots r the parasites encapsulated in a cyst...eventually the cyst will drop to the substrate off the fish...then burst...it will then be in the free swimming stage looking for a host to reinfect..therefore starting the cycle all over. What tank mates do u have? The salt and heat method work while vacuuming the substrate daily...removing any cysts fallen in the substrate.

kylo ren

She has the ich parasite...as do ur others...the "rubbing" behaviour is called flashing. The ich parasite can only be killed in the free swimming time of the life cyle. Those little white dots r the parasites encapsulated in a cyst...eventually the cyst will drop to the substrate off the fish...then burst...it will then be in the free swimming stage looking for a host to reinfect..therefore starting the cycle all over. What tank mates do u have? The salt and heat method work while vacuuming the substrate daily...removing any cysts fallen in the substrate.

but why is she the only one with the white dots and the only one so fat and has a white bump on her butt

I have been doing the heat method for ich+ vacuuming substrate daiy

Caitlin86

The others will eventually succumb to ich. That white dot on her butt is her gravid spot.

kylo ren

she died

Caitlin86

so sorry

aquatickeeper

If the platies don't have any white spots and are flashing, it must be parasites. Be best to dose something like HikarI PrazI pro or API General Cure right away.

kylo ren

If the platies don't have any white spots and are flashing, it must be parasites. Be best to dose something like HikarI PrazI pro or API General Cure right away.

have been treating w praziquantel for two weeks no improvement in platy

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
UnknownUser
Replies
Views
Rohit mess
Replies
Views
pepperedcorydoras5
Replies