Eienna's Tanks

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by Eienna, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Eienna

Eienna Fishlore VIP Member

Well, I'd like to report that the 50 is slowly coming back to beautiful thanks to some wonderful people and a touch of stubbornness XD I'd love to get photos but the tannins have it a bit too dark right now so y'all will have to wait.

Watching everything fall apart was...was heartbreaking. Still, I can't give it up. I get too much enjoyment out of it and I'm just too bloomin' stubborn, lol.

My sweetie says he'll get me a new pleco soon to replace the one I lost, and things are really looking up. I'm happy!

2. jetajockey

jetajockey Fishlore VIP Member

Looking forward to pics.

3. OP
    OP
    Eienna

If it's still on my camera (as opposed to gone from the hard-drive wipe) I'd like to post a video of what it was before the disaster, and then what it is now for comparison.

4. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

I'm sorry about Vegas. :( Glad to hear things are coming back together for you, stubborness is my favorite quality in myself, it'll get you through alot. :)

5. OP
    OP
    Eienna

LOL. As long as you apply that stubbornness in the right direction, it will. The wrong direction, and you'll just propel yourself into a hole XD

6. OP
    OP
    Eienna

OK, well, here's my 50 now. I'd show you the way it was before but apparently someone had a show about crimes on when I filmed it so I gotta figure out how to replace the sound first.

And my 29 Brackish will be up later :)

7. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Are you using Windows Vista or Windows 7? It's super easy to edit the audio with Windows Live movie maker.

8. OP
    OP
    Eienna

9. C

I can walk you through it if you want. Just shoot me a PM if interested.

10. OP
    OP
    Eienna

Thanks, but I'm sure I'll figure it out fine. That's part of the fun for me XD
    If I get frustrated, though, I know who to throw out a fishing line for XDD

So I guess you guys like the freshwater, huh? I'm only having one real issue and that is that one of the rams has become quite the bully to the other. Trying to decide what to do about that.

The brackish isn't as nice...haven't really been able to work on it yet. Everyone seems happy, though :) Mynah (the big molly) has quit picking on Moriah (middle molly) since I put them with Kirby (the puffer)....whatever works, I guess!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2012
  11. Z

ZombieKeepr Well Known Member Member

Very nice tanks/fish!! They're AMAZINGLY perfect looking ... large and filled out. Little Kirby has some growing to do tho. xD

Just out of curiosity, is that a common goldfish in the 50gal?

12. OP
    OP
    Eienna

Thank you :) A lot of love and good food, mostly.

Kirby's a young guy yet. He's growing pretty quick though (especially around the middle if I'm not careful!!)

Yeah, that's Nibbles. He really shouldn't be in the tank but I needed a cheap test subject to make sure the driftwood wasn't leaching toxins back in after a disaster with contaminated tap water....so I brought home 3 fifteen-cent feeder golds...two got put down because they simply were not well and I couldn't handle more problems at the time (myeh...it sounds bad in writing but I simply didn't have the capacity to deal with another problem after losing nearly my entire stock to a tank disaster, then finding Camallanus worms in the survivors - on top of losing my cycle!!) but this one thrived and I very quickly became attached. I'm just going to keep him until he's large enough not to be considered a feeder fish any more and then I'll find someone with a pond to take him. :) Believe me, it's a lot better than what he was living in :(

So yes, bit of a story to him.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  13. Z

ZombieKeepr Well Known Member Member

Yeah, oh believe me, I wasn't doubting that he's in good conditions, he actually LOOKS like he's thriving! TBH, I'm glad you rescued him even if it was just as a test fish. Many don't get that lucky. Sorry to hear the other two were sick, but I can understand why you did what you did. My mom and I had this VT betta who lived for 2 years and then one day stopped eating and this carried on for a few months[eating tiny bits] and he was looking horrible so we just decided instead of keeping him alive JUST to suffer[you could tell, by the time we euthanized him, he wasn't thriving, he was just ... there ... barely hanging in], we'd let him go.

Anyways, I'm sorry you lost your fish to camallanus worms. I DESPISE those things as for me, they've killed one too many angels and bettas. :( But all in all, it looks like you got things back on track! :D

14. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Beautiful tanks and fish Eienna!

Ken

15. OP
    OP
    Eienna

Thank you :) I'm really, really proud of it.
    All that's here IF you want to check out the details... https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/freshwater-fish-disease/131125-tank-disaster-terrible-night.html
    It was shortly after that thread when I discovered the worms. Thankfully, thanks to my friends here I knew what to do about it (Levamisole HCl from   ) and with a couple of epsom salt baths for the worst sufferers to help move the dead worms through, I lost only one. Amazing they've found a cure now!!! Sadly, I did lose a few more, including my beloved gold nugget pleco, to a nasty ammonia spike during treatment. I was using SafeStart but apparently I had too many fish for the treatment to work fast enough (come to find out the levamisole is a cycle-killer in and of itself) and the ammo got to 5.

My sweetie says he'll buy me a new pleco next month, though, and I'll be all set up to receive it. QT tank's nearly cycled. :) I'm going to remove the QT filter, place it on my main, put the pleco in QT, treat it for camallanus as a precaution, then add the filter after the after-treatment water change, just so my filter does not become either infected or uncycled :)

Nobody will ever replace my sweet Gold Nugget, Vegas...but it helps a little. :') I couldn't flush that one, either. She's lovingly buried in the yard, making flowers grow.

My family is so good to me. I'm still mourning a little but things are looking so much brighter now I'm not nearly so sad any more.

EDIT: That little goldfish is growing like an ever-loving WEED. It won't be long before I gotta find him a new home! Aaaand...I guess if I can't find a good home for him, it'll be extra motivation to get the 100g set up ASAP. Err....how well do they do in 6ft tanks? My used 100g I'm trying to get set up (eventually...) is 6ft long.

Thank you very much n_n High praise, coming from you. Needs a little work yet but I'm EXTREMELY proud of it at this point. I have to give my local PetCo fish guy some credit; when he would pull out bunch plants for me to buy he'd give me the little floating stems that had gotten loose <3 It's made a huuuge difference in the planting. I can hardly wait for that crypt to start sprouting runners so I can fill the place in a little more!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  16. OP
    OP
    Eienna

UPDAAATE! :) Sorry, I gotta show off how much these plants have grown and how great everyone looks (except for the faded Ram - she's not sick, she just gets bullied a lot...not sure what to do about that, and the weird white streaks that my featherfin gets from time to time, but they don't appear to bother him.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyYyUHnqW5I&feature=youtu.be

EDIT: You can watch it in HD!
    EDIT 2: The molly is a recent move from the brackish tank. She was just taking too much bullying from the other adult molly. :(

I intend to finish out my rummynose school and the cories, and add more plants...I think from there I'm done stocking, at least until the goldfish is rehomed. LOVING how my rummies look right now!! Oh, and my sweetie's getting me a new pleco for Christmas, though it looks like I'll have to wait until Feb. to get it. That's OK, 'cuz I'm still getting it! :D

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  17. C

Watched it in HD :)

Tank looks nice. I like all the plants on the driftwood. Angelfish looks really good too! Thanks for the update.

18. OP
    OP
    Eienna

Thank you :)
    Mom and I are quite fond of the driftwood plants too, my favorite being the anubias coffeefolia.

19. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Those are some nice looking rams! I'm envious - I can't seem to keep them.

20. OP
    OP
    Eienna

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice