Eheim Pickup 2010 & Substrat Pro

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by musicjet, Apr 15, 2012.

1. m

musicjet New Member Member

Hello,
    Can i use Eheim Substrat Pro with Eheim Pickup 2010 internal filter for a 72 litters Aquarium?

2. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to Fishlore :;hi2

I'd love to be able to say yes with certainty, but it looks like the Pickups are designed for sponge filters.

That doesn't mean you couldn't use Substrat in it, but generally speaking, the guys at Eheim design things for a reason and efficiency.

The Aquaballs are designed to include Substrat.

I'd say go for it, but keep an eye on performance.

3. OP
    OP
    m

musicjet New Member Member

Thanks a lot my friend.
    I think its better to get Aquaballs, i bought pickups by mistake, and the guy who works on aquashop didn't tell me that the Aquaballs model is better for me.
    Unfortunately i cut the sponge filter to put substrant on it and i think i avoided the guaranty.
    However, i'll check tomorrow to find out that can i change my model or i must deal with this damaged model :(

4. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

You can buy replacement sponges for the Pickup series. And it shouldn't void the warranty, pulling the thing apart might, but playing with media layouts shouldn't.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice