Eheim Jager 75w Or Cobalt Aquatics Accu-therm 75w?

Ravynn

Would anyone have any input as to which heater is better? Pros/cons? I would be using it for a 9 gallon Fluval Flex. Room temp is usually 60F and I would have to have the heater around 76-79F. These heaters are my only options atm.

I'm looking for ease of use and reliability. I don't mind if the temp is off a few degrees on the thermostat.. as long as it's stable.

Thanks for any suggestions

75g Discus Tank

I don’t really like the eheim jager heaters. They are on my discus tank and they fluctuated greatly for about 2 months(before I got the discus). Now the heater goes between a range of 78-82

Fish-whisper

I don’t really like the eheim jager heaters. They are on my discus tank and they fluctuated greatly for about 2 months(before I got the discus). Now the heater goes between a range of 78-82

I've had the same luck (3 of them) with the newer eheim's, had great luck with the older jager heaters. I don't know anything about the Accu-Therm. Fluval and Aqueon heaters are working well in my systems. I use the eheim's on my makeup water buckets.

Ravynn

I'm trying to stay at 75w instead of 100w just in case the heater would fail and stick on. I don't want it to cook my fish lol.. I'm in Canada and the well known ones like Neo therm, Aqueon pro, fluval e are all crazy expensive. $92 just for the 100w neo therm.

There is also the Marineland Precision submersible heater 100w but I haven't seen much about it. It has a lifetime warranty though.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
bgclarke
Replies
Views
mossman
  • Crash4hope
  • Heater
Replies
Views
Crash4hope