Eheim Jager 300w

eligri

Hey!
Got an eheim jager 300w a year ago. Been having some issues for the past 6-7 months with it not being calibrated. I tried moving the red ring all the way to the highest possible trim, but the actual temperature is still +3C higher. Also, setting it at 22C with maximum "downtrim" (i.e. it should be higher real temperature), it still puts the aquarium at 25-26C.
Is something wrong with my heater?
125 gallon tank. Heater near filter outtake, so water should move around quickly. Room temperature aprox 20-21C.

Also, should I have a guard on this heater? I have a rather large Oscar (roughly 10") that has quite the temperament.

Thanks!

AdwinTheAquarist

Hi, I am a newbie to fish keeping so I'm not sure if I will be help. I have a Eheim Jager 200w for my 30 gallon aquarium and I also have problem with calibration, what kinds of thermometer are you using (digital or just a glass floating). I would first check that your thermometer is accurate. I would definitely recommend using two heaters in your tank so they don't have to work so hard to heat the tank. Try setting you heater lower to make up the difference in temperature.

Inner10

Heaters are in general, trust your thermometer not your heater dial.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
GlennO
  • Masterblaster73
  • Heater
Replies
Views
Masterblaster73
Replies
Views