Eheim Jager 250 Calibrating The Heater

Masterblaster73

I just purchased your Eheim Jager 250 heater for my new 60 gal freshwater aquarium ( I also bought your Professional 4+ 600 canister filter).

My problem I am having is with calibrating the heater.

I set the thermostat to 78 degrees (I have an external digital temperature guage I am comparing to. The tank got to 82 degrees. I tried to move the red ring to 82 degrees but there is a small blue nub with white on top that prevents turning the red ring past it.
I need to turn the red ring past it to set it to 82 degrees. What am I doing wrong?

75g Discus Tank

You can turn it the other way to get to a lower temp. You have your heater at 91 degreeswhich is exteremely high.

Masterblaster73

You can turn it the other way to get to a lower temp. You have your heater at 91 degreeswhich is exteremely high.
It's not at 91 degrees. That's the problem. It is at 80 degrees and I need to move the red ring so it matches my real temperature of 80 degrees. But I can't turn it to 80 without hitting that stop. That's my problem.

75g Discus Tank

Turn the ring the other way.

You are turning the ring clockwise.
Turn it counterclockwise.

Masterblaster73

Please explain as my little brain doesn't understand.
A=as far as the red ring can be moved downward.
B=what the temperature should be 71 degrees before calibration. Actual temp in 78 degrees.
C=as far as the red ring can be moved in the other direction before B hits C.
I need to move B to 78 degrees which is already as far up (or high) as I can move it. Moving it in the other direction will lower the temp, not raise it.

What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

Masterblaster73

It is all the way counterclockwise. I can't move it anymore.

Roxylou

I am having the same exact problem. I see this is a year old... was there resolution?

See the little bump? That's what prevents it from turning so I can reach the number I need on the red dial.

Masterblaster73

See the little bump? That's what prevents it from turning so I can reach the number I need on the red dial.
That is exactly my problem which is something you don't understand unless you have one of these heaters. You cannot move the red marker far enough to the proper temp because it isn't designed to travel far enough. I finally got the temp where I wanted it and left the red marker where it was.

Roxylou

Turn the ring the other way.
the other way is the wrong direction for the temp I am trying to set it at according to the thermometers. (I had the same problem she is having)

counterclockwize is the wrong direction for the number I (she) is trying to land on

I don't think anyone who does not have one of these thermometers in front of them can understand the issue. But thanks for trying.

DoubleDutch

Roxylou

Thank you! I watched every youtube video already! I watched this one three times. None of them address the issue that myself and masterblaster are referring to. None.

Masterblaster73

The video doesn't help. We know how to set it. The problem is you cannot move the red dial far enough for the correct temp.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
GenF211
Replies
Views
Cody
Replies
Views
Inner10
  • Question
Replies