Eheim filter canister question

KarylLena

I have 4 eheim canister filters. They are great. Since my last cleaning, one (a 250) is making random hissing noises & has air bubbles. I've taken it apart to look for air leaks, but it still is doing the same thing.

It is as if the air builds up & releases. Zero water leaks. Do these filter have a specific problem I should look for?

jpm995

I used to run a hose right from the filter output to a large bucket level or below the filter. Let it run until no air bubbles come out [a few gallons]. Use double shutoff valves on filter in and outputs and switch output hose back to tank. You could even run like this with the filter unplugged and let gravity move the water.

Upvote 0

jmaldo

I have Eheims on all my tanks. When assembling after cleaning, air can get trapped inside the canister. When this happens I normally tilt the canister side to side a few times and problem solved.

Good Luck!

Upvote 0

KarylLena

I have Eheims on all my tanks. When assembling after cleaning, air can get trapped inside the canister. When this happens I normally tilt the canister side to side a few times and problem solved.

Good Luck!

I did that... I've done that before, I have experience with these filters. It's till gurgles. Like burping. Very strange.

Upvote 0

Cherryshrimp420

Maybe the impeller shaft broke?

Upvote 0

DoubleDutch

Did you check the hoses / inlet on tiny leaks?

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
cmathew
  • Question
Replies
Views
Redviper
  • Question
Replies
Views