Eheim classic 600

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by Awequarium, Jul 25, 2014.

1. A

Awequarium New Member Member

Hey there!! I am new to this forum.. I have a eheim 600.. With all original medium and filter pads..
    List of mediums:-
    1) white filter pad.
    2) Carbon Pad
    3) medium balls
    4) medium Ceramic rings.
    5) a partition sponge between them.
    I just wanted to know the changes required for the filter pads or the medium.. And for the white filter pad should i buy a cheap one from ebay and change it per month or a buy an original one?
    Help would be appreciated

2. Harlebleondora

Harlebleondora Well Known Member Member

I have a eheim classic 2217 and my maintenance goes like this:

Once a month I take all the media out and put the ceramic rings, clay balls and filter sponge (The blue one) and put them in a bucket of tank water and swish them around. Make sure it is old tank water if it is tap water you will kill your cycle.

I discard my carbon and white filter pad and replace with new media. To answer your question, no you do not need to use eheim brand media in your filter. I use filter wool and a carbon pad from my lfs.

3. OP
    OP
    A

Thanks! But the owner of an aqua store told me to buy the branded material and change the sponge after 4-5 months and the media after 2 and a half year

4. OP
    OP
    A

And i have discus in my tank which is a 4 ft long tank

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice