Eheim Cannister Filter - I Think I Purchased The Wrong Part?

James1978
HI all -
I purchased a used (but never used) eheim 2213 cannister filter. It was missing one part - the outlet pipe that connects to the spraybar. I ordered what I thought was the correct part from Amazon, but I believe I may be mistaken. Please look at what I purchased:

It's the correct size, but one of the ends is flatter. It seems by looking at a few videos that both ends should be round and fit the tubing easily. Is there any way to make this art work with the tubing? Please help me make this work - I've had this thing for 2 weeks, and still haven't gotten it up and running, I don't want to wait another two :-(

Any advice would be appreciated.
James

James1978
Here's a better picture :-(

max h
That's their standard outlet not the spray bar, you can still use it.

James1978
That's their standard outlet not the spray bar, you can still use it.
How do I connect the tubing to the 'flat' end of that piece? The videos have rounded ends that fit the tubing. I'm not sure why they have one with a flat piece, but the tubing likely won't seal to that, will it?

James

max h
The flat piece is the water outlet also known as a duck bill. The outlet hose from the canister attaches to the round end of the outlet pipe. You can't hook the spray bar onto the duck bill end.

goldface
How do I connect the tubing to the 'flat' end of that piece? The videos have rounded ends that fit the tubing. I'm not sure why they have one with a flat piece, but the tubing likely won't seal to that, will it?

James
You don’t. That “flat end” you are referring to is the outlet, where the water pours out of.

James1978
There is no way that tubing will fit over that piece - is that designed to be used instead of a spray bar? Perhaps that's why it's flat?

James1978
Is that piece better than a spray bar?

max h
Is that piece better than a spray bar?

That I couldn't tell you, all my outlets are some form of a duck bill outlet, including the ones for the chiller units.

James1978
That I couldn't tell you, all my outlets are some form of a duck bill outlet, including the ones for the chiller units.
Sorry for the stupid questions - I've never had a cannister filter before. With the duckbill outlet, it's a simple hang it over the side into the water right? I have all these clamps for a spraybar, but since I won't be using it, I would just hang it over the side, right?

James

goldface
Sorry for the stupid questions - I've never had a cannister filter before. With the duckbill outlet, it's a simple hang it over the side into the water right? I have all these clamps for a spraybar, but since I won't be using it, I would just hang it over the side, right?

James
Yes.

max h

James

You could use suction cups to help keep it in place, or as I do for the tanks with the glass hoods. Cut the plastic portion in the back to where the intake and outlet tubes just fit.

James1978
Thanks everyone - I got it hooked up last night and it works great! I appreciate the help!
Jame

THRESHER
Awesome!!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies
Views
Ulu
Replies
Views