Eheim Canister Filter Issues- priming?

AutisticFishBlog

I have an Eheim filter I’ve been using for four months now. I turned it off and drained it to clean it since it was clogged. I rinsed the sponges in tank water and put it back together (watching a YouTube tutorial). I primed by sucking on it (SIDE NOTE- is there a different way? Please? I hate it).

It started Intaking water and it was coming out of the spray bar into a bucket on the floor, I plugged it in. I then went to put the spray bar back into the tank…. And it trickles water, then stopped all together. I see the water in the spray bar tube stuck near the top, not
Able to make it all the way up. The canister itself is full of water.

What am I doing wrong!!? I’ve come to hate canister filters because of all the issues I’ve had, but I think it’s user error…. Help please!

My fish have been without a filter (still have air stone) for the whole day now, im worried and would really like to get it working!

DoubleDutch

sounds as if the impellor is stuck.

AutisticFishBlog

I a noise coming from it? How do I un-stick it?

DoubleDutch

Sometimes pulling the plug out and putting it in again it might start on its own. Otherwise you've to re-open it again and check the impellorspace.
What type do you have ?

AutisticFishBlog

Sometimes pulling the plug out and putting it in again it might start on its own. Otherwise you've to re-open it again and check the impellorspace.
What type do you have ?

EB6F9178-6479-48A8-98E1-8ED53769FCD5.jpeg
Looks like something is broken?

EB6F9178-6479-48A8-98E1-8ED53769FCD5.jpeg

Looks like something is broken?
I tried putting in a spare part from a different Eheim canister filter, and it worked!!

Attachments

• 357AF676-1C90-41AF-A320-530664A97814.jpeg
    357AF676-1C90-41AF-A320-530664A97814.jpeg
    324 KB · Views: 6

DoubleDutch

Was the ceramic ax broken ?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
aniroc
Replies
Views