Eheim 25w Heater

dmorse66

Hello all, I am new to the forum (and to fish keeping!)....so please excuse my lack of knowledge! I just bought an Eheim 25w heater for my betta tank, I did everything I was supposed to do (even watched a Youtube video) but for some reason the heater's power light will not come on and it definitely isn't on though plugged in. Am I doing anything wrong or maybe I skipped a step during the set up? Thank you in advance!

gsong321

Dmorse, I'm not sure about that exact model but I've had several like it through the years, that seems to be a quirk that most of that type heater has. I would set it and keep checking it because sometimes the light isn't a reliable way to see what's happening. I can't tell you how many times I waited for the light to come on but didn't and yet it eventually does and works just fine. I have gotten to where I don't use the glass heaters any more because my silver dollars can shatter them easily. The way to go IMO are the titanium heaters that have no phony light, it's control is separate and very accurate to what it's set at.They don't cost but a few dollars more either...something to consider buying heater in the future. Good luck with your new money pit....I mean fish hobby!

gsong321

Dmorse, I'm not sure about that exact model but I've had several like it through the years, that seems to be a quirk that most of that type heater has. I would set it and keep checking it because sometimes the light isn't a reliable way to see what's happening. I can't tell you how many times I waited for the light to come on but didn't and yet it eventually does and works just fine. I have gotten to where I don't use the glass heaters any more because my silver dollars can shatter them easily. The way to go IMO are the titanium heaters that have no phony light, it's control is separate and very accurate to what it's set at.They don't cost but a few dollars more either...something to consider buying heaters in the future. Good luck with your new money pit....I mean fish hobby!

dmorse66

Thank you! So, would the unit at least be warm to the touch?

gsong321

Depending where you have it set, you should be able to feel it. I would be very surprised if something were wrong with the unit...I have a lot Eheim stuff and it's top quality. If your water is fairly cool and you have it set to 76 degree's and it's been on a while then you may have a defective unit. I hope it works out good luck!

dmorse66

Thank you, I may contact the seller tomorrow (Ebay). Thank you for responding!

dmorse66

Ok, after an hour or so...I decided to crank up the temp on the heater to just see what happened, and the light came on! Anyone know why this happened?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Taydee
  • Simon711
  • Heater
Replies
Views
Simon711
  • Question
  • KajiyamaVK
  • Heater