Eheim 2215

Trevorallen
Greetings fellow aquarists, I've been given an Eheim 2215 and I'm wondering if it would be beneficial or detrimental adding it to my 65 gallon salt water tank. I added it about 3 months ago and levels are all still good. Nitrite (0.2ppm), nitrate (10ppm), salinity (31ppt) with zero ammonia at 78.6 degrees F. The only difference is water clarity has improved a bit. Also wondering if ceramic filter media in the 2215 is appropriate or if I should fill the canister with bio balls. Thanks for any insights. Oh, 2 clowns, 1 cardinal, 1 damsel and 6 snails. The one clown is isolated until he grows a bit and doesn't get bullied, I let him out when I can keep an eye on him.

Charlie’s Dad
Very very nice friend! I personally would continue to use the eheim. I like the ceramic rings or the eheim prostrata I think that's right. Filtration is the name of the game. The more your water is turned over the better.

What other filtration are you using in conjunction with your new to you eheim?

Trevorallen
Trevorallen
Charlie’s Dad said:
Very very nice friend! I personally would continue to use the eheim. I like the ceramic rings or the eheim prostrata I think that's right. Filtration is the name of the game. The more your water is turned over the better.

What other filtration are you using in conjunction with your new to you eheim?
An Octo HOB protein skimmer and 2 Eheim surface skimmers

Attachments
Sorry, didn't mean to post twice. I wasn't sure if I replied to Charlies dad or if I made a general post.

fish 321
Generally people are advised not to use canister filters in a saltwater tank as they can be nitrate factorys but since you have no corals it is probably fine. Most of the filtration happens in your live rock and not the actual filter itself.

As for your clowns it looks like yoh have two different species which may be your problem. The one in the container looks to be a maroon clown which are very agressive and the other one looks to be an ocellaris.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom