Help Eggs?

TimothyHartwick

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Just got a heater yesterday with a tiger nerite for 2.5 gallon and this afternoon the top of the heater was slimy. Rinsed off with chlorinated water just to kill anything on it. Also a week a go found these 'bubbles' near the top of my filter, at the same time these weird worms starting increasing too like 5 (before you could rarely see 1 at a time). Can anyone help?
IMG_20190916_163408.jpg
IMG_20190821_204947.jpg
IMG_20190821_204950.jpg

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They just look like air bubbles to me, as for the worms I have no idea, hopefully others who do will chime in

Skavatar

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
bubblenest maybe

are you talking about the long pinkish thing? how long are they and can you get a good pic of the head? (without the flash glare)

TimothyHartwick

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
bubblenest maybe

are you talking about the long pinkish thing? how long are they and can you get a good pic of the head? (without the flash glare)
Yes the pinkis
IMG_1376.JPG
h worm, they can extend to about 6 cm, and “shrink” to 2cm. Next time I see one I’ll take a picture. In the meantime this is one from couple months ago (same species)
IMG_1376.JPG

Unforgiving Llama

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
They could be detritus worms. I used to have a problem with them. When you overfeed their population explodes, and then if you stop overfeeding they leave the safety of the substrate and forage for food because they are starving. Or at least this is my understanding; I stopped overfeeding, they swarmed the tank for a while, then disappear once their population got back to reasonable level.

Unforgiving Llama

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
They could be detritus worms. I used to have a problem with them. When you overfeed their population explodes, and then if you stop overfeeding they leave the safety of the substrate and forage for food because they are starving. Or at least this is my understanding; I stopped overfeeding, they swarmed the tank for a while, then disappeared once their population got back to reasonable level. But usually they are white and smaller than that thing, so I may be wrong.

TimothyHartwick

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
They could be detritus worms. I used to have a problem with them. When you overfeed their population explodes, and then if you stop overfeeding they leave the safety of the substrate and forage for food because they are starving. Or at least this is my understanding; I stopped overfeeding, they swarmed the tank for a while, then disappeared once their population got back to reasonable level. But usually they are white and smaller than that thing, so I may be wrong.
I've had detritus worms but the were small (about 0.5cm). Thanks for your input!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom