Eggs!

1. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

Ive got eggs on the glass!! It looks like there were several "batches" but only two look viable. One had movement! Im gonna be a mommy!!!!! Maybe. Lol. So im taking a crash course in baby cory survival. Fingers crossed, i hope they live!!

2. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Yayy. Fingers crossed!!! :p

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

3. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Congrats, hope you get some fry in the next few days :)

4. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

[​IMG] those are my two good ones. The rest look like theyve been popped :-(

5. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Some corys are eggs eaters so it's possible they ate their own, if you want those two eggs to have a chance you'd do better moving them to a tub with an airstone & float it in the tank.

6. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

Whats a good way to move them? I have a fine breeder net, these are on the glass and apparently have a piece of gravel attached to them?

7. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

If you have some moss just gently rub it over them & they'll attach, or you can roll them onto your fingers or use a razor blade.
    Don't worry about the gravel, I have one females who always coats her eggs with sand

8. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

Ok

9. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

I attached them to some subwassertang, and put some in the net for a hiding spot.

10. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Try & get some water flow over them to help prevent fungusing, if you have an airstone pop that in the net

11. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

My outtake on the canister is angled a little bit so i put them where it flows, the subwassertang has movement so i hope that will be enough. I found two more so put them in as well. Ive got another one thats been skirting the glass and has a BELLY on her so maybe ill have more today. I just did a water change so maybe ill get more :-D

12. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

Wait will i need to put them in a growout tank? Ive got serpaes in that tank... I dont want them to think they are a new food source.. Ive got a ten that i could set up but really wasn't planning on putting up right now... I guess i could. Ive got everything for it. Hmm. Can they stay in the net for a while?

13. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

They can stay in the net a little while but they'd be better in a grow out tank, at least until they're big enough not to be a snack for the serpae.

14. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

Set up the 10 it is then. Any special food for them? Or can i use the same shrimp pellets the big kids have? They disintegrate pretty quickly?

15. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Once they've hatched don't feed for a couple of days while they absorb their egg sac then grind the food as small as you can for them, keep the bottom of the net as clean as possible as they're quite susceptible to any bacteria build up.
    If you can get bbs they're a good food for them

16. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

Hmm. What about infusoria? I was thinking i could move Jenks into the 10, and they could go into his 5. It has some infusoria in it, its heavily planted. Not sand though, floramax. And its cycled. The 10 wouldnt take much as the filter im going to use is on the 20gal, i kept it on there while the canister builds up some bb. Still feed them some crushed pellets but would that help?

17. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Yes insuforia for the first few days would be good

18. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

Ok. Cool. Jenks is getting an upgrade then lol. Im sure he wont mind lol. Ok. Now i just have to figure out where to put it...

19. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Cover the filter intake with some tights to prevent any fry getting sucked in & adjust the flow so it's not too strong for them

20. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

Of course :)