Eggs Or Algae?

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Rebecca Talbott, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Rebecca TalbottNew MemberMember

Hi,

Does anyone know what these little egg like things are? They are on my annubia and moss ball.

It's a 3 gal tank with 1 betta and 1 mystery snail.

Thanks!

241c0d79dc006165be9864e7d6f36376.jpg

26f9c88985e0c2bba9308759399c69bc.jpg

2. CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Giving this a bump up for you

3. Rebecca TalbottNew MemberMember

Thanks. :)

4. HerkimurWell Known MemberMember

Did you QT the plants before adding them?
    I know you've got a bit of an algae thing going, which is okay to have for the snail.

Looks like something hitchhiked on your moss ball.

5. Rebecca TalbottNew MemberMember

No, I didn't. The tank has been set up for over a month. Would it take that long to pop up? Thanks!

6. HerkimurWell Known MemberMember

I bought 3 moss balls when I knew nothing about fishkeeping. I came home and dropped them in the tank. Several days later I had tiny white worms wiggling through my water column.
    I had to break down the whole tank because I didn't know what it was and thought I introduced something harmful.
    Never bought them again. The inside is brown, hollow and somewhat rotten (in all of them) and a perfect breeding ground for hitchhikers.

Some people cut them open and make a mat out of it, that way there is no place to hide.

A good plant for a Betta tank is Hornwort and Brazilian Waterweed (Anacharis).
    They both do well floating and mop up Ammonia and Nitrates.

7. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

Not sure what they are but i would remove the moss ball and put it in a glass jar so its easier to id what hatches.

8. Rebecca TalbottNew MemberMember

Oh, yuck. I'll pull it as soon as I get home tonight. Thank you for your help Herkimer and Smee!