Egg/material ID help

1. Frostytrollwithfish Initiate Member

So all around my tank I've recently noticed these tiny egg looking things. There's about ten on the glass, and many more scattered around on leaves and rocks and such. They are blurry white but mostly clear, with a black/brown bump on top. Very tiny as well. They're all separate from each other. I will try and post a pic but they may be too small. As for residents, I have neon tetras, Cory catfish, mystery snails, assassin snails, and common&ramshorn snails. I'm truly not sure if they're eggs or some kind of comer in growth, but my nitrates and nitrites are at safe levels (according to my LFS) and I have a pH of 6.8... Any ideas?

(PS I'm positive these are not common/ramshorn eggs or assassin eggs, I've got plenty of those too! And they are not that, haha.)

2. Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

Maybe the mystery snails laid eggs?
    can you give us pictures?

3. Frostytrollwithfish Initiate Member

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1406689454.103817.jpg

That is the best I can do at the moment, as I said, they're very tiny. I've looked at mystery eggs and don't seem to be the same. Plus these are submerged, mysteries lay eggs above water level. The second picture is one of them on a crypt leaf, if you can see it. ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1406689559.060037.jpg

Die ball ist rund. Die spiel dauert... Mann kann hier denken.

4. Frostytrollwithfish Initiate Member

I just thought of this, but could they be ampipode eggs? I've seen a few every so often in my gravel.

5. Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

They could be. Hmm...

6. Frostytrollwithfish Initiate Member

Upon some research that seems like it could be it. I thought those guys were gone, my tank was planted but empty for about a month and the place was crawling with them (which I've heard is nothing but beneficial) but ever since my Corys went in they've been gone, probably scavenged/eaten. I see very few. But maybe they'll make a comeback. Still, anyone else have a guess?

7. Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

I looked it up too. It seems very likely that is what they are:)

8. Frostytrollwithfish Initiate Member

Then I am quite happy with my discovery. Thank you for leading me there, lol

9. Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

Your welcome;)

10. adonalson Initiate Member

I believe it's between the snails and the corys.

11. Frostytrollwithfish Initiate Member

Too small to be corys, however, since this has been posted my cories have lain eggs haha