Egg clutches

Lady Monster

Mystery snail laid 2 clutches within weeks of each other. I let the first clutch hatch but disposed of the 2nd clutch.

Today I went to feed her and noticed like 3 eggs laying on the sand, after her first 2 clutches there was also a few eggs that ended up at the bottom of the tank. Anyways I figured she laid a 3rd clutch but I was shocked to see it was literally 5 eggs? Just a tiny glob of pink.

I'm guessing she started to lay eggs but quit before she finished? I already got rid of the eggs but just wondering if anyone else's snail has ever done this? Or what it means?

I check for clutches daily, she is isolated from the males because they harass her.

Calliefornia

Sometimes when my snails lay eggs and they hatch a few will fall into the water from the babies hatching and knocking some in. It's nothing to worry about.

Lady Monster

Sometimes when my snails lay eggs and they hatch a few will fall into the water from the babies hatching and knocking some in. It's nothing to worry about.
These are fresh laid eggs. I'm not worried about the few that fell into the water tho, just wondering why she only laid like 5 eggs in this clutch.

Calliefornia

Oh I'm really sorry! I misunderstood. I really don't know why there would only be a few laid to be honest. Sorry.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Leemie
  • Question
  • FishGirl115
  • Snails
Replies
Views
FishGirl115
  • Question
  • Aqualegia