Effective Lighting For Planted Tank?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by beyn, Apr 20, 2018.

1. beynNew MemberMember

I setup a led light system. As you can see in the picture, I've put 4 red, 4 blue, 17 white leds. You can see the aquarium. As far as I know, the ratio is 1 red, 1 blue and 4 white. I couldn't do it fully according to it, but regarding the aquarium picture, do you think the lightening is enough and good for planted tank? Sometimes I think that instead of 6 of white leds I should put 6 daylight leds? Or do you think is it good? It seems a bit too much white as I see usually more yellowish in planted tanks? Which is the ideal ratio for led lightening for aquariums among white, warm (day light) blue and red? in1.jpg2in.jpg

2. Rohit messValued MemberMember

As long as your plants are happy, no need to worry.
    As for visual aspect it is you that has to spend time with it. So you should do what makes you happy.

3. FahnFishlore VIPMember

The color temperature of the lights is what matters most. 6500-8000 Kelvin (K) is considered ideal, which is the range that most of the better planted tank LEDs fall into. Most light setups with red LEDs will say they are true 440nm reds. This is a specific wavelength of red light that plants respond to with the highest rate of photosynthesis.

10k and 20k daylight is more for reef setups. It is considered too powerful for plants in freshwater setups.

If your plants grow well and you don't experience a lot of algae, you're doing something right.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice