Eeeekkk!!!

Discussion in 'Snails' started by LJC6780, Apr 16, 2017.

1. LJC6780

LJC6780 Well Known Member Member

I FINALLY have a clutch that is hatching! I've grown these snails up from about dime size and they are finally mating! Someone has been laying clutches everywhere lately ... I think there have been about 10 recently and only this one has turned darker after a few days and is now hatching! I don't remember what day it appeared but it hasn't been long at all! They are all blue mysteries so I'm assuming all of these will be blue also but for now they look spotted! They are so dang teensy! The styrofoam is positioned over a Breeder net to catch the babies but am I supposed to do anything different for them?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Pringlethesnail

Pringlethesnail Well Known Member Member

I would let them into the water. It looks like only the center part is viable the edges are most likely goo and no snails. I would gently break open the clutch and free any more that are in there because having a parts that are not viable can trap them in there. As for the ones that are our help them into the water.

3. OP
    OP
    LJC6780

I have been. The styro stays pretty wet though. I had just sprayed a stream of water on the clutch and these guys came out. I'll see if there are any more in there.

4. OP
    OP
    LJC6780

Well I have no idea how many hatched but they are all over the Breeder net as well as the front glass!

5. OP
    OP
    LJC6780

Well most of this clutch hatched and I even had another that was on the top glass hatch. I wasn't expecting that at LP because it had been there much longer than this one and I just assumed it wasn't viable either. I have no idea how many have survived but I see tiny blue mystery snails lol over! Hopefully they'll grow quickly and I'll be blue to sell them for credit soon.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice