Question Edit Multi Question Post

SherriX2

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’m looking for tissue culture plants and also a site where I can go to and learn about plants & all their requirements , scientific name , their common layman names. Etc
If someone could please let me know of at least 5- sites that would be great. I had a really good site but now it switched to a language I can't read .

I really need/want to learn about plants and just need someone to take me under their wing and help me learn. I'm not a newbie to fish or even animals., been in the field learning, studying, teaching for 30 years but with much much regret, I didn't learn the plant ” stuff” my EX did plus besides tropical fish I was a very busy wildlife rehabber... When the divorce happened, I realized I screwed up by now learning about plants so, can someone help me fix my mistake?
Thank you for you help.

I'm really interested in TC because I don't want snails. Or a good way to clean the plants in case they have snail eggs on them

Ronniethewitch

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Welcome! Y+u'll get great advice here.

Dave125g?? Are you about?

He is quite knowledgeable with plants. Just have a look through some of his pics. I think he sells them too.

If you troll through the plant forum you will also find other members who have a lot of experience and they are very helpful. Then just tag them.

I've only been here a year and my plants have definitely been grateful for advice Ive received here!

sixtyfour

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I am in a similar boat. I've kept fish my whole life, but never paid much attention to the plants till just recently. I'll say the best move I have made was getting a plant package from VishAquatics, and Dave125g here on the forum. WAY better value than anywhere else I looked. Vish also includes some fertilizer, and a basic guide to the plants he sells.

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
You're asking great questions! Starting with tissue culture may be daunting at first but I think it's great to dive into more advanced parts of the hobby, that way you'll be able to do anything.

For learning, I recommend George Farmer's Youtube channel, especially setup and tutorial videos. He uses a lot of tissue culture, but also beginner plants, and uses good lights and sometimes CO2. A great intro to the specifics. I also recommend Dennis Wong and ADU Aquascaping's channels.

For a plant list, Tropica is great, they are one of the biggest and highest quality plant nurseries in the world. Unfortunately their products and tissue cultures are much easier to buy in Europe then the US because they're based in Denmark. If you're in the plant hobby for a while, you'll learn that Europe is much ahead of us here in many aspects haha.

For buying, these sites ship in the US and have plants that are higher quality and less "common" than a LFS will have.
buceplant.com
shop.glassaqua.com
aquaforestaquarium.com

It should be noted that tissue cultures are basically baby plants and won't do well or may die in setups that cut corners on substrate, fertilizer, light, or CO2 (if they need it). I recommend starting with a quality setup which may be more expensive but it'll increase your chances of succeeding by a ton.

OP
SherriX2

SherriX2

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm so embarrassed by all the typos I had in my original post

Thank you for the above advice, I'm gonna check out the links

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics